If you are a smoker and have problems in your bedroom, it is important to know that there is a clear connection between smoking and erectile dysfunction. Numerous studies have linked smoking to impotence, mainly because of the negative effects that smoking can have on cardiovascular health.
If you’re looking for a way to quit permanently, get our 11 free tips to quit smoking once and for all!
But let’s get back to the topic: Tobacco consumption can lead to erectile dysfunction in both younger and older men and is therefore a major risk, regardless of your age.
How can smoking cause erectile dysfunction?
Regular smoking of cigarettes, cigars or pipe tobacco can damage blood vessels and reduce arterial blood flow throughout the body. The main culprit is nicotine, a well-known vasoconstrictor (a type of chemical that reduces blood flow throughout the body).
This can cause severe damage to your sexual performance as erections depend on a mixture of signals from your brain and a reliable blood supply through the arteries of the penis.
When you feel sexually aroused, the brain sends a signal to the nerves in your penis. This triggers the opening of the arteries and increases blood flow to the corpus cavernosum – the spongy tissue of the penis that fills and hardens to experience an erection.
Reduced blood flow through smoking or other unhealthy habits can make it much more difficult to achieve an erection, resulting in a weak erection or no physical response to sexual arousal.
Scientific research shows that the severity of erectile dysfunction in smokers is closely related to the degree of exposure to cigarette smoke. Smoking cessation also helps to reduce and even eliminate potency problems.
I’m a cucumber. I am tall and firm. Besides, I don’t smoke. Be like this cucumber
Can quitting lead to potency problems?
The responsible decision to say goodbye to a cigarette once and for all is easier than you think. You just have to know how to do it.
We sometimes hear the rumor that stopping also leads to erection problems. Let’s be clear: there are none.
For some people who choose a hard way to quit smoking, nicotine withdrawal leads to a stressful situation. As a result, stress affects potency. There is no need to feel stress when quitting. Read the article to the end to find out how it works.
Regular use of nicotine has taught the body to live by certain rules. Many men use this as an excuse to return to tobacco smoking and claim that they gave up cigarettes because the potency was gone.
Yes, there are hopeless smokers who always find a way and an excuse to go back to smoking. We understand that because we were in the nicotine trap ourselves! As unique and highly developed as our brain is – it can sometimes be as mysterious and stupid!
Solutions and treatment options for smokers with erectile dysfunction
If you suffer from erectile dysfunction as a result of cigarette smoking, the best course of action – and we know this won’t be big news now – is to quit smoking. But how is that supposed to work? After all, you would have stopped long ago if you already knew the key to success.
Research shows that men who quit smoking experience an improvement in their sexual performance and a reduction in the symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
- Get our 11 tips to cut out smoking: We have years of experience and were smokers ourselves. We know all the tricks and know a seemingly magical tip to stop smoking immediately, permanently and without side effects.
- Since much of the erectile dysfunction caused by cigarettes is due to stress, we do not believe that switching to a nicotine patch is effective. You are welcome to try it. However, we advise against it.
- Reduce the amount of cigarettes: For some smokers, a gradual reduction in the amount of cigarettes they smoke may be enough to noticeably improve their erection quality and sexual performance.
- Talk to your doctor about medication: In some cases, smoking cessation may not be enough to restore full erectile function. In this case, medication can be an effective treatment to experience an erection and improve the sexual experience. However, because smoking is closely associated with heart disease, high blood pressure and other cardiovascular diseases, the combination of medication and smoke is often dangerous. You should talk with your reliable doctor.
- Sport: After all, adopting healthy habits such as exercise while quitting can help you focus more on your goals and avoid cravings, distractions and setbacks.
When is potency restored after cessation?
Depending on individual characteristics, organism and individual potency, the process of eliminating dysfunctions in sexual life takes different lengths of time. After giving up smoking, it is possible for a man to observe an improvement in potency. Unfortunately – as so often in life – it takes a while until the first results become visible.
The approximate time of problem-free erectile function depends on the duration of the effects of smoking addiction:
- The time to restore potency after two years of smoking often occurs within 2 months. During this time it is also necessary to change your diet so that your body gets enough nutrients.
- It takes longer for men who have 10 years of smoking experience. Some experience a normalization within 6 months after stopping smoking.
- Smokers with 20 years experience need up to 2 years to recover.
- With more than 20 years of experience, it is not necessary to reckon with a complete restoration of potency, but an improvement is observed only 3 years after leaving the company.
The very first days when a man gives up his nicotine addiction are often particularly difficult for many people. But it can be so easy! Many believe that they have to take care of their diet, better organize their free time and ensure a restful sleep. Basically there is nothing wrong with all these tips. However, there is a much easier way to stop. Read to the end to learn more.
Erectile dysfunction in young men
It may also be that the smoke is not directly related to the potency problems. For the sake of completeness we list them to give you a better and above all objective picture.
But don’t use this to find another excuse not to quit smoking. We ourselves have been world champions in finding hundreds (if not thousands) of reasons to continue smoking…
Some of the causes for erectile dysfunction in young men are..:
In addition, some young men may experience potency problems as a result of factors over which they have more control. These can be among others:
- poor diet
- lack of exercise
- excessive drinking
- relationship stress
Treatment – what helps to fight erectile dysfunction?
Whatever it is that leads to your erection problems:
If it is smoking, we have found a solution formula.
What if there is a method that not only makes quitting easy, but also directly improves your overall health? Would you believe that there is a method that can cure you once and for all from the tortures of cigarettes in a supposedly magical way?
You don’t believe in magic? Neither do we. We are not stupid.
The method to quit smoking quickly does exist. Get our 11 tips right now to stop smoking and see for yourself. They are free – just like quitting smoking. What do you have to lose?
Read More Interesting Articles Here
Another misconception about smoking is that people believe the cigarette improves digestion. Nicotine is a chemical that is more laxative than beneficial. You also don’t
This article dispels the assertion that smoking improves cognitive abilities. The reason for this misconception is the image that people get through the media. How
Nicotine is a chemical compound found primarily in tobacco. The special thing about the drug is that it makes smokers addicted in a very short
This post is also available in: Deutsch (German)